Responsible gaming is an important issue to the gaming industry, and GPG is committed to making responsible gaming a priority. While most people are responsible gamers, there are always users who have troubles in this area, and it is vital that we at GPG help steer people in the right direction.
Gaming is a part of the entertainment industry, and we want all users of GPG to have fun without problems. If you or anyone you know has issues with responsible gaming, please seek help. GPG fully supports the efforts and works of organizations designed to help those in need.
Important Advice for Online Gaming and Wagering
- Gaming should be viewed as a source of entertainment and not a way to make a living or earn money
- There are no guarantees when it comes to gaming and wagering.
- Only play in tournaments and games that have fees you can afford to lose
- Be aware of the amount of time and money you spend on gaming
Do you have a problem? Ask yourself these questions
If you answer "yes" to some or all of these, we recommend you analyze your sitaution and seek help
- Is your work or education time effected by your gaming?
- Has gaming/wagering made your home life suffer or unhappy?
- Do you take part in wagering as a way to pay off debts or solve financial problems?
- After losing a game or wager, do you feel the need to play again to redeem what you have lost?
- After winning a game or wager, do you have the urge to play again and win more?
- Do you place wagers until all of your finances are depleted?
- Have you ever lied, stolen goods, or done anything illegal to fund your gaming habit?
- Do you prefer to play games and wager as opposed to spending time with friends and family?
- Do you avoid spending "wagering money" on your daily needs?
- Have you ever wagered out of boredom?
- Does your gaming or wagering habit cause you to lose sleep?
- Do you have the urge to celebrate positive life events with wagering?
- Do negative life events, arguments, or frustrations give you the urge to wager?
NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS PERMITTED TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER OR USE THE WAGERING FEATURES OF GAMER PROVING GROUNDS. VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN UNDER OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Gamer Proving Grounds has taken a number of steps in preventing those under the age of 18 from using our services or registering. If you suspect someone under the age of 18 may be gaining unauthorized access to Gamer Proving Grounds through your computer or Credit Card, we recommend to try the following steps:
- Use child protection software to block gaming sites from your computer (such as Cyberpatrol)
- Log out of your computer if left unattended
- Keep your Credit Card, Bank, and other financial details private and inaccessible to others
- Do not use the "save password" feature, but rather manually enter your passwords
- Create separate profiles on your computer for each user
If you know of someone under the age of 18 who is registered with Gamer Proving Grounds or are improperly taking part of our services, contact us immediately at email@example.com.
For further information on Responsible Gaming, we recommend the following links:
American GamingNCRGGamCareGamble AwareNCP GamblingGamblers Anonymous